Intuitive and easy to use, the Be Up has a modular braking system to optimise braking with all types of rope and allow the auto-locking and independent belaying of two seconds.
Extreme flexibility permits:
- effective belaying of the leader. The particular shape of the Be Up‘s body allows rope to be paid out fluidly, rapidly and without jams;
- while belaying the leader on a multipitch route using two ropes, the Be Up lets you pay out one rope while the other is locked-off, Be Up is the only such device that lets you do this;
- effective, modular braking of the rope: the “V” notches are specially designed to guarantee better braking control when arresting a fall, abseiling or bringing up seconds;;
- the bringing-up of one or two seconds, with auto-locking and each second being belayed independently of the other (guide mode). The Be Up‘s special shape and the attachment ring built into the body allow you to bring up one or two seconds using twin or half ropes with Ø ≥ 7.3 mm. You can continue to bring-up one second while the other is hanging with their rope locked-off in the Be Up;
- the unlocking of the rope and lowering of one free-hanging second, without difficulty, with twin or half Ø ≥ 7.3 mm ropes. Be Up is the only such device that lets you do this, simply by inserting a normal HMS carabiner in the unlocking hole;
- rapidly switching from taking-in (guide mode) to belaying the leader, for leading through;
- abseiling descents, keeping the ropes separate. The “V” notches allow you to effectively control the rate of descent, without twisting the ropes.
- light, extremely functional form, for the highest performance;
- hot-forged body for strength;
- attachment ring is part of body, easily identified to prevent errors of attachment;;
- plasticised steel cable, so you can‘t drop the Be Up and to limit its movement during belaying
Ø 7,3 ÷ 9,0 mm
Ø 8,6 ÷ 10,5 mm